What is Magnesium Nitride
What is Magnesium-Nitride?
Magnesium nitride, is an inorganic compound that has the chemical formula Mg3N2. It's particulate matter that is part of the cube crystal system. At the temperature of room, pure magnesium Nitride is a greenish yellow powder, but magnesium nitride containing portions of magnesium oxide impurities appears grayish white.
The Molar mass of magnesium-nitride is 100.95g/mol. Their density stands at 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium nitride dissolves completely in water and acid, but it is partially dissolved in alcohol and ether.
The melting point for magnesium nitride can be found at 1500 degrees. Magnesium Nitride, along with other metal nitrides, reacts with water to form ammonia. A catalyst is often employed. React with acidic or aqueous nonmetallic oxides to form ammonium salts as well as magnesium salts.
Magnesium Nitride is a ceramic substance in nature. Magnesium nitride exhibits high corrosion resistance and dramatically improves production efficiency. Magnesium nitride also boasts high thermal conductivity, aswell in high corrosion resistance and temperature resistance. Magnesium Nitride is of further importance as it's utilized as a catalyst used in the creation of boron nitrogen.
What is Magnesium Nitride used for?
1. Used as a catalyst when make the nitride out of other elements that have high hardness, high thermal conductivity, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and high temperature resistance. The first successful process of synthesis of cubic bore nitride, one catalyst involved was magnesium nitride.
2. This is a high strength steel Smelting additives. Magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) is a substitute for desulphurized magnesium during construction steel the smelting process, and helps in increasing the density strength that, tension and bearing capacity of steel. Furthermore, the usage of magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurizationwill reduce the quantity of other additives, thus helping to reduce the cost of manufacturing construction steel;
3. Utilized to make special ceramic materials;
4. To manufacture a special alloy foaming agent;
5. Glass that is specially made to be used in the manufacturing process;
6. For crosslinking with catalytic polymers
7. To reuse nuclear waste;
How Do You Produce Magnesium Nitride?
At present, the principal preparation methods of magnesium nitride comprise direct reaction method of magnesium powder with nitrogen, method of reaction of magnesium with nitrogen in nitrogen plasma flow methods for magnesium coils in nitrogen atmosphere as well as low-pressure chemical gas in conjunction with the product method, self-propagating high temperature synthesis technique, nano magnesium nitride synthesis method, and so on.
Recently, G. Soto et al. constructed amorphous magnesium nutride films that had different Mg/N ratios Si substrates in a molecular nitrogen environment through Laser pulse deposition. These techniques restrict the industrial production of these films due to their high costs, the lengthy process, complex equipment operation, or the low yield of magnesium nutride.
The direct reaction of magnesium powder and nitrogen has commercial value, the manufacture of magnesium nitride-based powder requires greater temperature of reaction as well as a longer reaction time. Furthermore, the form of the particles is a bit lopsided and easy for agglomeration, and therefore, does not meet the demands of industrial-grade quality. It is possible to decompose NH3 into Nwhich has broken bonds faster than N2 and decomposed H2 may prevent the formation MgO. Therefore, ammonia gas could be used as the nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. used ammonia liquid as a nitrogen source for the preparation of magnesium nitride powder through direct nitriding of magnesium powder. The following conclusions could be drawn: Using thermodynamic analysis, liquid ammonia could react with magnesium powder more easily than nitrogen in the preparation of magnesium nitride. Premium magnesium nitride in consistent and high purity particles can be produced at 600 degrees Celsius and in ammonia-based atmosphere for 1 h, then heated up to 800, ammonia flow rate of 500ml/min as well as the nitriding period of 1 hour.
Magnesium Nitride Powder Mg3N2
We are a reliable chemical material supplier and manufacturer with more that 12 years of experience providing top-quality chemicals and nanomaterials such as silicon powder graphite powders, zinc sulfur, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you're looking for top-quality Mg3N2 powder contact us today. connect with us and send us an inquiry. (email@example.com)